Erica L. Briscoe
Erica is civil litigator in the areas of personal injury, construction law, insurance coverage, transportation law and product liability. Erica regularly defends corporate entities and individuals in claims for personal injury and property damage. Prior to joining Baty, Holm, Numrich & Otto, Erica practiced domestic law for several years, and the experience she gained has proven invaluable in successfully resolving complex civil disputes. Erica has represented clients in a number of bench trials, which have resulted in favorable outcomes for her clients.
She is licensed to practice in Missouri and Kansas, and she is admitted to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Erica obtained summary judgment on behalf of a construction management company in a personal injury lawsuit. The case involved a fall with severe injuries to the plaintiff.
Awards & Service:
- Author, The Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption: Are its Benefits Overshadowed by its Shortcomings?, Journal of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2009
- Youth and Family Committee, Tracy Family Foundation
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- Missouri State University
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (MODL)
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
- Jefferson County Bar Association.