Patrick M. Hunt
Patrick is experienced in complex civil litigation. His litigation practice focuses on personal injury, construction, transportation litigation, and insurance coverage disputes. Patrick regularly defends corporate, individual, and state entities in large-loss claims for personal injury and property damage.
Patrick is skilled in handling personal injury claims that involve issues of occupational exposure, emotional distress, economic loss, and past and future medical care. He also handles a variety of claims involving issues of sovereign immunity, as well as employment hiring and retention practices for the Firm’s governmental agency and school district clients. Patrick also assists clients in contract and business disputes, including those involving entity formation and mergers and acquisitions.
Patrick began working at the Firm during his undergraduate studies at Northwest Missouri State University and continued to clerk at the Firm through law school. At the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, Patrick was on the Dean’s List and was selected to serve as a Law School Emissary, where he held various leadership positions involving recruitment, fundraising, and special events.
Since joining the Firm as an associate attorney, he has successfully assisted in defending multiple claims in court and arbitration, which have resulted in findings in favor of the Firm’s clients. Most recently, Patrick served as second chair at an arbitration where an award was obtained in favor of a firm client in which the opposing party sought $14.4 million in damages.
- Complex Personal Injury
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Transportation Law
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Law
Awards & Service:
- Firm Chairman, Skippy & Skivvies Drive to benefit Operation Breakthrough
- Member, Lawyers Association of Kansas City, Young Lawyers Section
- Mock Trial Judge, Northwest Missouri State University
- Mock Trial Judge, University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- Northwest Missouri State University
- University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (MODL)