Molly B. Westering
Molly is an experienced civil litigator in the areas of personal injury, construction litigation, products liability, business disputes, and insurance coverage. She routinely defends claims involving serious personal injuries and has a firm grasp of the damages claimed in such cases, including orthopedic and traumatic brain injuries, vocational rehabilitation assessments, life care plans, and economic losses.
Molly represents several national retailers and provides them assistance with civil suits involving personal injuries and real estate matters including lease and other contract negotiations. In March of this year, Molly and Todd Johnson obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial pending in Kansas against a large national retailer.
Molly also serves as outside counsel for various local small businesses, where she advises her clients on matters involving employment issues, contract negotiation, and risk management.
During law school, Molly was a member of the Law Review and also served as its Managing Editor. Since 2009, she has been selected by her peers as a “Rising Star” attorney in Missouri and Kansas in the field of personal injury litigation.
Todd and Molly Westering obtained a defense verdict for Target Corporation in a jury trial in Shawnee County, Kansas. The case involved a man who fell in a hallway near the front of the store and sustained a permanent knee injury.
- Complex Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Business Law
- Transportation Law
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
Awards & Service
- Rising Stars in Missouri and Kansas, Thomson Reuters
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- University of Kansas
- University of Kansas School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City (AWL)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (MODL)
- Johnson County (Kan.) Bar Association