Lee M. Baty
In addition to serving as Managing Shareholder of the Firm, Lee counsels numerous national and regional corporate clients, insurance carriers, and individuals on all matters of law involving civil litigation, appeals, and corporate law. Lee routinely defends large-loss cases at the jury trial and appellate court levels in the areas of product liability, trucking, premises liability, construction defect, discrimination, business torts, advertising injuries, and insurance coverage.
Lee graduated from Notre Dame before attending the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law. After clerking for Judge Ronald Somerville on the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, Lee joined Field, Gentry & Benjamin, which later became Baty, Holm, Numrich & Otto. Lee is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts of Missouri and Kansas, as well as the Eighth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Lee also serves on the Board of Directors of the American Royal Association, a not-for-profit organization that has been a Kansas City tradition since 1899, celebrating the region’s rich agricultural heritage through competition, education and entertainment.
Karen and Lee Baty obtained summary judgment on behalf of a property management company in a personal injury lawsuit. The case involved a motor vehicle accident with severe injuries to the plaintiffs.
- Complex Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Business & Commercial Transactions
- Transportation Law
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
Awards & Service
- Best Lawyers® in America
- AV® Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers in Missouri and Kansas, Thomson Reuters
- Board of Directors, American Royal Association
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth and Tenth Circuits
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (MODL)