Kathryn A. Baty
Kathryn advises business clients on a broad range of regulatory, advertising, licensing, employment, customer, and administrative matters. She consults with clients in compliance and enforcement of the advertising guidelines established by the National Advertising Division (NAD), a self-regulatory branch of the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB). Kathryn also drafts licensing agreements and helps implement Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policies.
Kathryn has experience litigating claims involving premises liability, dram shop claims, products liability, commercial loss, and various personal injury matters. She also advises national insurance carriers on coverage issues and routinely handles declaratory judgment and equitable garnishment cases.
She began working at the firm while attending law school at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, where she was on the Dean’s list. Prior to attending law school, she obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri, where she was on the Dean’s List and a member of the Honor’s College, and her MBA from Rockhurst University.
- Complex Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Transportation Law
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- University of Missouri
- Rockhurst University – Masters of Business Administration
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (MODL)
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City (AWL)